California Travel Articles
A Guide to San Diego Museums
The San Diego museum scene is one of the most diverse and interesting there is and with over 90 museums listed, there are definitely a lot from which to choose. I thought that instead of listing out all the museums in San Diego, it would be a good idea introduce some of the ones I feel are of the top worth seeing museums.
For those that are not familiar with San Diego, let me start with the museums in Balboa Park. The park, which is like the Mecca for museums with close to twenty museums from which to choose, is one of the most beautiful parks there is. Though it is hard to narrow down to just a handful, here are the museums I feel you should visit on your trip to Balboa Park:
• Museum of History: Learn the history of San Diego through photographs and cultural artifacts dating back to the 1840s.
• SD Automotive Museum: Stole through an array of car exhibits featuring the history of automotive progression.
• SD Museum of Man: Explore the anthropology of man with artifacts, folklore, and human remains that tell the story of mankind.
• SD Museum of Art: Browse through collections of fine and contemporary art from Renaissance, Asian, to nineteenth century European painting and sculptures, just to name a few.
Besides just in Balboa Park, there are also a number of other great museums that you will not want to miss while in San Diego. Here are four other great museums around town:
• Children's Museum: Have fun with the kids at this interactive creative zone for children to explore the arts.
• SD Chinese Historical Museum: Learn about the heritage of Chinese culture with artifacts and photos in a building that was once a Chinese mission.
• SD Aircraft Carrier Museum: Follow the story of the Navy's Midway with over 40 exhibits featuring 21 completely restored aircrafts.
• SD Maritime Museum: Learn the history of US naval advancement and also board and explore real anchored ships.
Again, these are just some of the great museums San Diego has to offer. There are many others worth visiting as well, but I hope these will get your started learning and exploring accounts of local and national history.
About California | California Hotels and Resorts | California Attractions | California Art and Entertainment
California Restaurants and Dining | Shopping | California Real Estate
California Visitor Information | California Calendar of Events | Visit California Online Home Page
all contents copyright © ci-Interactive
design and programming by ci-Interactive