California Travel Articles
A Trip to San Diego, California
If you are considering heading to San Diego for a vacation, you are probably planning on sitting on the beach all day long. Well, there are a few other things you should know about.
A Trip to San Diego, California
When most people think of San Diego, they think of beaches and sitting out in the sun. Obviously, that is what our city is known for, but you will miss a lot if that is all you do. Here are some tips from a local on other things you might want to have a go at.
1. Every city has a zoo, but no city has a Zoo quite like San Diego. The San Diego Zoo is fairly well-known for being huge and impressive. A wide variety of fairly rare animals exists, but you have to be prepared to walk to see everything. We are talking up and down hills, so get your walking shoes ready. Tickets for adults are $32, while kids get in for $19. It is worth it.
2. If you prefer a bit of culture, Balboa Park is the place. Located next to the zoo and a few minutes from downtown, the park is a bevy of museums with the Ruben H. Fleet being a favorite. If you get tired of museums, you can also just kick back and people watch all day. There are some very interesting characters in the area.
3. If you prefer a younger crowd and eclectic shops, Pacific Beach is a good spot to visit. Yes, you can sit on the beach, but you will want to take some time to stroll up Garnet Avenue from the beach. You will find coffee shops, more than a few bars, pool halls, eclectic clothing boutiques, more bars and some of the cheapest sushi in the world. This is also a great place to take in the nightlife San Diego is known for.
4. The Carlsbad Flower Fields are definitely worth a trip if you have a thing for blazing colors. Carlsbad is located in what is known as North County and can be reached by taking the I-5 freeway north out of San Diego proper for about 15 minutes. The Flower Fields consist of 50 acres overlooking the ocean and are a sight to be seen. The flowers only bloom from May to March, so make sure to time it right.
5. During summer, Del Mar is the place to be. In June, the Del Mar Fair is a large fair that offers every gadget and sketchy carnival ride you can imagine. Major headlining artists perform each night, so keep an eye out for favorites. After the fair ends, the grounds convert into the Del Mar Horse Track with the ponies racing from July to the middle of September. Bands perform on Fridays after the last race.
The above represent just a small slice of the possibilities when visiting San Diego. Oh, you should probably visit a beach or two as well.
Rick Chapo is with NomadJournals.com - makers of writing journals that make great travel gifts.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Richard_Chapo
About California | California Hotels and Resorts | California Attractions | California Art and Entertainment
California Restaurants and Dining | Shopping | California Real Estate
California Visitor Information | California Calendar of Events | Visit California Online Home Page
all contents copyright © ci-Interactive
design and programming by ci-Interactive